7/08/2005

Interesting 7th day of August

Talk about a day with its ups and downs. The day started out with Adam (always a good thing). Once he was at school,8 AM, it seemed nothing went right...there were few positive results. The afternoon and evening, however, were wonderful. Filled with energy from getting Adam and meeting an interesting new acquaintance, I flew through my to-do lists and cemented my position with several clients.
Along the way, I had a plethora of thoughts.
One, I appreciated the wave on energy I felt and embraced its motivation. I didn't fight it by saying how inappropriate it was or how it would fail to produce some imagined result. I just felt its energy and let it carry me through the day. It was nice allowing myself to "catch fire" like that again. I think a key was not judging or considering the future positive or negative results of what energized me.
Two, My good friend L made a good decision after talking and praying with my mother. The result, she had to endure the consequences of her previous bad decisions - today. There was no "putting it off." There was no happy result. It was painful and sad and heartbreaking. But she knew it was the right thing to do. And she knew that no matter what, her tomorrows would be better now than they would have been. What a relief to see someone change direction before the results were truly tragic. She now, again, enjoys the honor of doing the right thing. I believe we can endure a lot when we do what is right.
Third, I had a conversation with a client and a friend that encouraged my Transparent blogging actions. She encouraged the proactive approach that I am taking to get myself past the two years of grieving that I have endured. She then had some wonderful ideas about what I might want to think about when I consider Adam's future. So I created several Blog entries to examine three very important subjects that I need to get an understanding of... and get input on...
So, as I have closed out the Seventh of July, I hope and pray for another day that I will enjoy and find energy in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for being so honest with me. I love you for listening to me.

Leap of Faaaith said...

I just watched myself squash a positive emotion. I add this as a comment to this post because the emotion was spawned by something I referred to here. How cruel is it to squash a positive emotion.

My Thought: We all know that “positive thinking” is bull…ony. But, I don’t think that extends to positive emotions. They are rare and precious. They should be nurtured, protected, and bathed in truth. Notice them, enjoy them, don’t be harsh to them. Yes, they may be tied to a prediction of the future. But they can be nudged into being enjoyed just for the moment you are in. You (I) might want to discredit the emotion because the future is questionable – well the discrediting negative thought should be held to the same test.