8/17/2005

What is going on here!

It seems as though the population has gone crazy! They all are crazy. People all around me are making dumb decisions that are going to ruin their lives. Everywhere I look, simple, mindful steps could be taken, but no! They go headlong into situations that disrupt their families, their neighborhood, their world. They accept things that they would not let their friends accept. They do things to/with their body/mind that can do nothing but harm. Their families are kept in the dark until it breaks wide open. And the impact sometimes spills over into the street.
Raving for justice and creating justifications, you see that they are not even close to bottom yet. They will have to do even more damage to themselves and their relationships before a true bottom is reached.
So, where is that rock solid bottom. Where is the place where we are so humbled that we give up all of our justifications and create real change. Where is it? Is it a fantasy, an Ideal that some hardly ever achieve?
It is amazing to see the people who reach a low point yet still have a plan. They are going to tell this person this, and that person that, slowly getting the plates spinning so that they can subsist slightly higher than this new low.
It was me, looking at my father and saying, I just have to get through this Dad, then I will feel good enough to work hard again. Then my income will return. Then it will be okay. Mom, it will only take a week more, or a couple more days max. Then I will be on my feet. I promise.
My present low bottom was when I realized that nothing I promise to anyone about anything has any chance of being correct. So I said to myself, "Shut up! Stop trying to create your own way with words instead of deeds. You are at scratch. Scratch is where you start from. No more words, no more promises, just allow yourself to grow. Reach out to the only true source of strength and Gather yourself within it. Start at the foundation. Build it right. One stone at a time. Don't rush, rushing flings you up, and soon you will be flat on the ground again. Breath and internalize the strength you gain. Become internally renewed in this Godly pool of forgiveness and restoration. Don't try to script it. Don't try to steer it. Don't dare out run it. Experience it. It will do His work in you."
It will be interesting to read this later and see if I made any sense...... ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm reading backwards because I am so behind on your site. But you really sound like you are getting somewhere.