8/06/2005

Duck!

I am smarting from a rather vicious argument with my ex wife. I am realizing that many times, no matter how far people come, they have to revisit their worst traits. I have proved that myself.
My temptation is to rip apart the logic and arguments that Dee has spewed these past few nights. But I realize that that isn't where I will ever win anything. It isn't about what she is venting about. It is about how I respond. And I need to respond, not react. Responding implies that there is a decision made between the stimulus and the action. There, I can choose how I am going to act.
If I do what is right, then, in the end, everyone will be better off. But that means that I have to respond without getting personal and staying true to my mission - caring for our son.
So, those perfect skewering thoughts must be be squelched and subdued. This battle does not need to be won by me. I need to keep my eye on my goal - Providing a safe, loving, educational home for Adam. One that will, in the end, teach Adam how to live without us.
We won't be here forever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I have to respond without getting personal and staying true to my mission " - that's the most important thing in life! To have a clear focus and not let our ego get the better of us.Your intentions are noble, Success will be yours!

All the best to you Lone!