8/23/2005

Turmoil

My life is filled with ups and downs. I used to think that the downs were bad and the ups where were I wanted to be all the time.
But I have learned something.
I have extremes cycles of energy. The lows are times when I am recharging. The highs are times of wonderful creativity.
They are symbiotic. Each requires the other.
So I must remove my judgment. I have to allow my recharging to happen without beating myself up for being low. I have to feed myself and care for myself in these low moments. If I do, then I can get to my creative moments sooner.
So, when I am here, when I am low. I can not allow myself to be cruel to me. It isn't the time. It will keep me here longer. Here is not the place.
 
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Slowing down...

Thank You for this. I realized this week I need to walk through these low moments and stop running from them. Although, mine is different from yours,it is grief, I need to slow down and experience it, rather then escape or fill it with something.

your friend

Anonymous said...

That seems like a very therapudic and positive way to view it. You have to learn how you tic. It seems like that is what you are doing.