8/14/2005

Breathing

I often experience times of great motivation. My creative eye sees a solution to a problem that has been unsolved. Once seen, I can muster all of my creative energy to solve it. The problem is, during the drive to the solution, the maintenance aspects of my life are ignored. After being ignored for enough time, the become a problem that must be solved.
I am presently trying to raise my awareness of this cycle by charting what my energy level is. I have done this before, using a chart I found at http://www.thewaveriders.com/articles/pi0105charts.html . Fortunately, I don't often find myself at the very high or very low ends often.... though I do come close at times.
The most difficult thing is identifying where I am using this map. I don't think of myself in these terms. I have never been conscious of an energy level. I have always used words like happy, tired, depressed, engaged, on, off....., but I had never connected them or spent time identifying them.
The theory is, if you have ups and downs, you can proactively address the extremes, thus maximizing your time in the middle. The middle is where you are productive and content. For example, when I feel an adrenaline rush, Stop, write down my idea, and breath deeply until the driving feeling has passed....
More on this... as I understand it better.

No comments: