12/17/2005

Authentic moments

Authentic moments

I had a pastor, in a one-on-one-fix-me session, walk me through many points of the bible where terrible and disturbing images were juxtaposed (I like that word today) to some of the most beautiful acknowledgments of everything God is (just read Lamentations 3 – or many of the psalms). His point was, both exist and are worthy of being acknowledged. To pretend they are not there, to his way of thinking, is un-biblical ;). So now, when I see people of faith expressing the full range of what they are dealing with, I realize that the hard times and pained words are as relevant to who they are as the heart felt oozings of love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, and self-control.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Friend,

Your comments go to show that the only way to have 'unity in diversity' is through faith in Christ. Its a mystery how he does it, but God always works out everything for the God for those who love him, and are called according to his purpose.

I call it the doctrine of God "looking after dumb animals and stupid people". He's got a long history of doing that.

Greystone

Anonymous said...

I have used this blog to keep track of you. No postings means too busy, or in a funk? Let your friends know.

The Master