12/05/2005

Another snap...

Okay, it is a week and a half into this Chiropractic intervention and I am more mentally functional than I have been in a long time. I could describe it as if a brainwave-blocking energy-sucking lead helmet was being removed every time I get an adjustment. I didn’t buy it at first, but my post-adjustment energy is not the panic-induced-adrenaline-rush that I had become so dependant on. It is a smoother and effortless energy….
I cannot express how unique the “effortless” feels to me. I want to make sure I write this down, because I don’t want to forget it. All I can compare it to is the pressure filled way I would get myself to act just a few weeks ago. Everything felt as though it was taking a billion psi to get something accomplished. I am remembering back to my previous job where I hired an assistant to help me get my job done. As he became proficient at new tasks, I no longer had to ramp myself up to accomplish them. My condition continued to worsen to the point where my spikes of adrenaline were becoming less effective and more disruptive. In my new position I made a concerted effort to limit those spikes of energy, but unfortunately, they were they only way I could get things done. So instead of wrecking the relationship with my spikes, I shut down with the unconscious hope that I would snap out of it in time…..
I think Snap is the operative word, as it is with the snap of Dr Berry’s wrist that my mind seems to be clicking on again. If anything, my finances are going from bad to worse, but my ability to engage my brain and address the stressful problems is improving.
This might be the most positive that I have felt about this course of treatment. We shall see.

No comments: