9/15/2005

Lucky Potion

I have hesitated posting this, but maybe I should anyway. Several weeks ago I was reading the latest Harry Potter book. I was struck by how the author described the Lucky Potion that Harry had used. Harry, at the prompting of the potion, made decisions and went places that he never would have thought to have gone. But at it's prompting, a whole series of events took place that he never could have planned and orchestrated. But it's results were perfect.
Not long after I read the book, while experiencing "the ride" (a short but life-changing ride I took on my Motorcycle), I learned that God is very much like the Lucky Potion described by RJ Rowley. Except he does not wear off - We drown him out; He doesn't give us what we want, he gives us what we need; He is not a tool we can use, but a relationship we can enjoy.
You can tell when you are listening to his promptings. You begin to experience his fruit. Love, joy peace, patience, goodness, faithfulness, and self-control. (I compare these words to what I am experiencing - If something is lacking, I am usually drowning him out...)

No comments: