12/04/2006

moments past

Did you ever check those whom you have connected with? Did you ever feel they could now be someone you didn't know? Have you ever seen they had changed without you seeing it? Did you get the sense time has closed another door?

Some times I ask a few questions. Like what part did I play in that shutting door? How did changes, within me, leave that friend friendless, without a source they could depended on? Should I strive to reach back and recreate it; that part of me they connected with and adored? Or do I leave those things where they fell from me - moving on - looking for what next is in store?

Things come to pass by so quickly. Once past, we so often look back with a yearn. It is us remembering those moments that filled us... with feelings we so often little-acknowledged and ignored. Yet, within the moment we live in right now has people and things that could fill us. "Gifts from God!" I will call them - to be sure. If we see and experience them fully, the passed by gifts become treasures we remember -never falling to something we must grieve or ignore.

The older we are (and I have a few years here) the more gifts have flowed in and out of our life. Everyone has a choice when life changes. You can be as I was - and be crushed by life changes, or be as I am - and look forward to life's continuous new revealings.

May I be as I am for the rest of my life, leaving that which is behind me, straining toward that which is before me, and fully living in the moments I have been given.

Posted to LeapOfFaaaith while appreciating the past and enjoying the present.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thought you might enjoy this quote:
"What is thinking? It is the activity of searching out what MUST be true, or CANNOT be true, in the light of given facts or assumptions. It extends the information we have and enables us to see the "larger picture"-to see it clearly and to see it wholly. And it undermines false or misleading ideas and images as well. It reveals their falseness to those who wish to know. It is a powerful gift of God to be used in the service of truth." Dallas Willard, "Renovation of the Heart"

rma