10/28/2006

Leap

"There is therefore now no condemnation for those who live in Christ Jesus."

So here are some questions. I ask them of myself and share them also with you, in the hope that we can become more aware of where we are and what we are putting our faith in. I choose this verse intentionally as my questions may seem condemning, but that is not their intent.

Who/what do you live in? What does that mean? If you do claim to live in Christ Jesus, does the natural fruit of your life look like you grew it? Or does it look like God grew it? If you are honest enough to say that you don't live much "In Jesus Christ", Then what do you live In? And what is it's fruit? What do I mean by fruit? Could fruit be the results of our life? Could it be the impact we have on others? Is Does it point people to Christ? How is condemnation different from conviction? Does the very words of this verse convict a person who feels condemnation? Is that healthy? What decision could conviction encourage?

Even as I am writing these questions, I am realizing that my mind is not where it needs to be. So I pray, and remember the rest of the verse: "There is therefore now no condemnation for those who live in Christ Jesus...for those who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the spirit."

What does that mean - to walk in the spirit? What does it mean to walk in the flesh? Can we tell by how we feel when we talk about it in this context? Does un-admitted anxiety reveal our true state? Does an unexamined arrogance do the same thing?

Well, My mind is sufficiently toast.

No comments: