10/11/2006

Etching a new understanding (2)

The next step I took toward my new understanding was attaching to each of those engendered emotions (previous post) an evaluation as to whether that other person’s behavior was Functional or Dysfunctional. I wrote a bit about this in the past when I wrote about God’s love.

When you read that blog entry, you see I have few ideas about how to deal with people effectively when they make me unhappy.. or even how to deal with people who make me happy, though they are dysfunctional when they are doing it....

It was this quandary that began to spark this soon-to-be-revealed understanding. (I either sound like a salesman, or a cult recruiter – Thankfully, I am only the first.) There is nothing new about what I discovered. It has been around since the first books of the Bible were written. However is seems to have escaped most everyone’s attention.

It seems we are ignoring the road signs that are all around us.....

No comments: