10/23/2006

In God's Image

No wonder we are not okay when we sin...

We were created in God's image. God cannot be anything other than Holy and Righteous and Just and faithful and Merciful. He gives us this better way to live because it is how our lives can be the most actualized. Wickedness, unforgiveness, bitterness, envy, strife, laziness, uncharitableness and untruthfullness are all outside of how we were built to perform our best. But as we can all attest, it is nearly impossible to break any of our patterns of dysfunction on our own.

But we can have that new identity... through faith in Jesus and his sacrifice, we can reconnect with what is Good and in God's image within us.

It is free, and it is freeing. It enables us to take a new path. One that is safer for us, one that allows us to become fully actualized - instead of the one that is full of things we regret (whether we see our part in it or not).

Being created in his image.. the word translated image is very much like - a reflection. And in our purest state, we will be able to reflect God to those around us. When I pray, I often ask that God put his Glory on display in my life. What I mean is, God, let other's see you in me. Let them not see me, but you through me.

You see, because the price was paid for my dysfunction and Sin and wickedness, I can pour out the love, joy, peace, longsuffering, goodness, faithfulness, and self-discipline that shows up in my life as a result of that relationship with God.

Let us become Christ-Actualized (copywrite pending :). Let his Glory be put on display in our lives - It is so much more beautiful than any of our own self-centered creations.

No comments: