5/27/2006

The Prophetic Conclusion?

The Prophetic Conclusion

Re-Read the last words of my last Blog entry.....

So I am reading the book that my father recommended to me. I hope that if any of you read it, you are able to see it only as a cautionary-tale, not the allegorical-biography that I see it as.

Hosea

When I am able to grasp it better, I will write more about it. However, in a million different ways, I have been writing about it for years.

I will say this, Beware of what you put your trust in. Consider that the accomplishments/rewards of your life are not necessarily the proud-result of your efforts, but a gift; a gift that, if/when taken away, will leave you destitute. At that point you will find that your only option, toward hope, is God. When/if you then earnestly pursue him, you will find the source of those things which you had before. And those things that are truly important will, one day, be gifted again to you.

Welcome the hard times. Let them push you into those open arms of God.

No comments: