3/09/2006

Brain Chemical Test

The Brain Chemical Test

Okay, I have delayed writing this for far too long. The truth is, I don’t understand the test, except that I have 5 important neurotransmitters that are quite under the healthy level and three that are significantly above.

All are problematic and point to the shut down that I have described. Fortunately for me, It does not point to a problem with Bi-Polarity (and by extension, schizophrenia ). It is also quite clear that I don’t suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome.

What is does describe is the Rut that I found my life in. It describes it as an… anxiety disorder. Ummm… remember that fight or flight feeling that I suddenly realized I had been dealing with….. well, the test I took actually measures and weighs the rut.. then provides test-based advice as to how to deal with it.

The website of the company that performed the test, NeuroScience, Inc., is more technical than I can begin to understand. But what I am experiencing is not. By following their personalized protocol (third Section on this page), I am finding that the internal adherence to my previous state of mind is fading. Increasingly I am able to ‘Choose a different path.’

These therapies have been found effective for many different issues.  I can only encourage anyone who thinks they may be dealing with one of these issues to invest the money, find a qualified physician, and get the test done.

Again, thanks to my parents for taking the initiative and getting me the help I needed. I hope that the rest of this blog will be dedicated to my crawl back from …. Where ever it was that I was….

No comments: